Welcome to Welsch Photography and congratulations on your engagement! This is such an exciting time of your life, and a day that you will remember forever. And, it’s our job to help you remember those lifelong memories. If you’ve landed on this page, you’re probably planning a wedding that will involve many South Asian Wedding traditions. Which is fortunate because we’ve photographed many such weddings – enough for us to dedicate a page to South Asian Wedding Photography.
Are you a bride looking for a wedding photographer:
- who is experienced in all forms of South Asian Wedding Ceremonies yet is not your traditional wedding photographer.
- who is calm, unobtrusive and blends into your wedding day without being in your face
- whose work is natural and candid
- who is friendly and detailed and can work with lots of different personalities in an unassuming and diplomatic way
- who will create a detailed and beautiful record of your day
- and who can capture the natural spirit and emotion of your day
- understands there’s traditional South Asian Wedding Photography, and there’s modern South Asian Wedding Photography
Then, we are really glad you found us :) We will create the style of photos that you want without missing the ones that your family also wants.
Hi I’m Karl Welsch, Principal Photographer and Owner of Welsch Photography. I photographed my first Indian Wedding back in 2010, and this was a Sikh wedding at the Glenwood Sikh Temple. I was hooked from that moment.
Sure I got offered lots of delicious Indian food through the day, but that wasn’t the only reason. There’s so much energy and vibrance at South Asian Weddings.
I realised that we offered something a little bit different when our first Indian bride Sonya booked us, because she didn’t want the usual overly posed wedding photos. She was looking for something a lot more natural, emotional and candid. And this is exactly what we offer.
We are an award winning photography studio and members of The Australian Institute of Professional Photography. Please find below a selection of South Asian weddings to browse through. We would love to have you around to our studio in Leichhardt to chat further about your wedding day, and to see if we would be a good fit to capture the day.